Carnival Horizon Review

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2023

I like this itinerary cuz I got 3 islands that I was at below and my friend wanted the Cayman Islands. It was smooth sailing, no storms. Food was excellent, service was the best ever. I love this ship. The elevators were a pain in the butt. but everything was amazing. The crew, Cookie the Cruise Director - he was funny and personable all at the same time.I loved our balcony cabin - it was perfect. The towel animals is a great delight seeing after they tidy up our room. Those perk me up right away when I see them.

Getting on/off the ship at each ports was very stream-lined and hassle free. Disembarkation from the trip was a piece of cake, less than 10 minutes and that was it.

The excursions were good except for the Dolphin one in Cozumel - we paid for pics and never got the pics, I have gone back and forth since we got home the 29th and still no pictures. And the excursion was way unorganized, the left brain was NOT talking to the right brain with these people. The meet and grant station was NOT clear, they were tallking like giving a tour of the island, NOT the dolphins. Finally got to the dolphins - got maybe 20 minutes. Overpriced for 20 minutes.

Great cabin - balcony, with the table and chairs. It was ideal and it was awesome having the coffee in the morning watching us dock in our jammies.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

Cozumel was nice, good shopping but I do NOT recommend the Dolphin Encounter/Swim with the manatees/dolphin/sea lions. No Sea Lions. Never got the pics I paid for at the event. And I email back and forth, still have not seen them. Only got maybe 20 minutes with the dolphins. The trainers with the dolphins were amazing but I paid all that $$ for dolphins, not to stand by and watch or get a tour of the city before we get to the excursion itself we paid for. Not impress with how poorly the rep organized it. Not at all.

previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Horizon Cruise from $424

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.