Viking Vilhjalm Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2023

We chose to go on this cruise as we had been invited to a wedding in Austria and were going to be in the area. I had never thought of visiting Eastern Europe, but it was a great adventure. Every city and town on the trip was beautiful. Budapest and the baths were great. Bratislava was quaint and lovely. Krems, Linz, Viennna, and Pasau, were all also great places to visit. The food on the cruise was first class, and the service was outstanding. Also, the included tours were great and the local tour guides were informative and entertaining as well. One tour guide, Eva, even dressed in the local outfit to add to the experience. While the entire staff on board the cruise were great, I must specifically mention Violeta, who was helpful, friendly, and seemed to be the one who made everything click. She is a real asset to Viking.

I do not recall the category cabin we were in. But we had a French door balcony, which made the room feel more spacious. We didn't spend much time in the room, but when we did, it was quite comfortable with a beautiful view. Also, the shower products provided were of excellent quality.

Port Reviews

Bratislava

This was the most beautiful town we visited. It was what you think a European town would look like. I would definitely return there.

previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Vilhjalm Cruise from $2,199

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.