I had booked myself and 2 of the ugly sisters on this cruise as a treat for my sister from the USA who was over to see my dad who was on his last legs plus my other sister who had been looking after dad for years but was under extreme pressure as he had been in hospital since a fall in January. A week before the cruise P&O offered us another cabin (for sole occupancy) at a favourable rate but I decided to take my husband along so we shared one cabin and the 2 ugly sisters the other. (They had the original cabin with the on board credit)! My American sister was looking forward to Dublin but was having trouble with her foot so she booked a tour through P&O and took in all the sights and had tons of photos to prove it. Dublin was very interesting and we did the open topped bus tour and got off at the Guinness museum then walked back at our leisure. We caught the train from Cohn to Cork city but wishes he had just stayed in Cohn as Cork was ideal for shopping but when we got back we did the Titanic tour and felt we wasted our time travelling to/from Cork. Bilbao was fantastic. We did the Guggenheim museum and spent about 3 hours there but my American sister felt there was too much of the same thing in the top floor - I've forgotten what the name of the exhibition was but it was all pieces of junk picked up and turned into "art". The building itself though was stunning and the walk to the museum wasn't too strenuous. Brest was a complete and utter waste of time - so much so we wished we had stayed on the ship. The weather was fine during the trip - not too hot and no rough seas at all. We had a table for 8 and shared it with a mum, her 16 year old son, her mother & her man friend. They were good fun and we enjoyed every meal. The only down side was that our table was a bit too close to one of the serving stations and whoever sat that side invariably got knocked a bit when the waiters were busy. Our waiter & his assistant was excellent. Not over familiar but when they knew your preferences they went out of their way to make sure you were taken care of. My sister and I took part in a few of the onboard quizzes and my other sister liked to find a quiet spot and read her book. My husband attended the lectures (like he always does) and I caught up with my sleep! I like the fact you don't have to pay for the movies on the in cabin TV and would beg P&O to not bring in such charges. I like the tea & coffee in the cabin and the cabin steward was fantastic. I don't think I ever saw them but the cabin was always prepared. I was a bit disappointed there was no Portunus party as it was only a 7 day trip so I make sure from now on I make sure we go for 10 days of more! Yup. It was a good trip. P&O is our favourite cruise line with Princess a close second.

The Ugly Sisters

Oriana Cruise Review by Lesley Findlay-Bill

The weather was fine during the trip - not too hot and no rough seas at all.
Lesley Findlay-Bill’s Full Rating Summary