Norwegian Breakaway Review

PattieD
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2023

Friends chose this cruise, the ship was over 4000 people, our room had pink stains on the rug and bed comforter, window had a seal leak which made the window full of water, a cheap roll shade was in place instead of the correct shade the other rooms had. No bed turn down at night or cute little towel animals. if I used my own hair dryer it blew the fuse, One pool for 4000 people, if you didn't get a pool chair by 9 am chances are you were not getting one, hot tubs had a at least 10 -12 people in at a time (4 tubs) for 4000 people! Food was usually cold or dry. disembarkment was a lot of hurry up and get in line then stand there and wait! lots of lost time waiting. To few bartenders per person, more standing and waiting. I got covid(3 out of 4 of us did) room service at night was a $13 charge, 45 min wait , asked for OJ ,watermelon , soup , tea and cantaloupe. NO OJ at night(breakfast only) soup ice cold, no watermelon (so i was told) and no cup for the tea, I called and requested HOT soup and a cup, another 15 min wait, guess what , the watermelon appeared guess i was lied to? 2 tea cups but only 1 tea bag. Had to stand in a 20 min line to get the fee removed from my bill, Ship could not dock on 1 excursion, we all had to wait in a 1 hour line to get your refund, they would not just credit your card and if you didn't get in line you lost your refund, lots of unhappy people. In Italy the casino was close for 2 nights, nothing in the news letter about this rule. I have been on 6 other cruises pre covid and always had a great experience . Maybe this is post covid, short handed or just not caring but I would never cruise NCL again.

needed repairs

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Breakaway Cruise from $279

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.