Norwegian Prima Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2023

Before I booked I read all the reviews and watched a bunch of youtube videos of the ship and I knew exactly what I was getting into. I truly do not understand all the negative reviews here. We had a normal balcony stateroom for reference.

Embarkation and Disembarkation were exactly how you would expect. It takes time to put 4,000 people on a ship. It was probably 2 hours total from start to on board and the room was ready at 3pm. Of course there will always be Karen and Ken complaining that it is taking too long...don't worry about them. We had a great time (Me and my wife in our late 30's). The ship is beautiful and so is the décor. The buffet food was excellent for a buffet. The indulge food hall was great and so was The Local (try the Ruben sandwich). Lots of options everywhere to eat and I rarely waited in line ever. We ate at the Mexican restaurant and Food Republic for specialty dining and loved them both. Food Republic has great sushi and Asian cuisine. We ate at Hudson's and Commodore as well which are included and though those were good. They aren't amazing, but, at Hudson's we ordered the Filet Mignon for a $15 upcharge and it was well worth it. If I am sitting by the window with a glass of wine, watching the ocean & eating a meal that I didn't have to cook myself, I am going to be happy. Everything was excellent. The entertainment on the ship was great. There is deal or no deal, price is right, comedy, casino, karaoke, bingo, live music everywhere, nightclub, etc. Lots to do and we never got board. If you like whiskey try the whiskey bar...they made a great old fashioned with a view of the ocean. The only negative was that the main pool and hot tubs were not working for the first 3 days...it was borderline unacceptable...but we made the most of it and didn't complain. The other thing was that probably half of the Galaxy Pavilion was not working. I would suggest paying the $8 for each one you do (F1 racing was great) instead of getting the hour long pass. During the day we went to the infinity pools on the sides of the ship and they were great. We found a chair most of the time and we didn't get out there until 10am. If we couldn't find one we went in the pool for a few and then found a spot later. The service on the ship was amazing...great staff. Overall, I feel like I got EXACTLY what I expected...an amazing cruise. If you are on the fence about booking this ship...book it...you will not be disappointed unless you are super picky and enjoy complaining about everything. And if that is you...then book the Haven and you certainly will not be disappointed. If you book the Haven and are still disappointed then cruising with the masses is not for you and you should buy a yacht.

55 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Prima Cruise from $719

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.