Quantum of the Seas Review

Would never do this again

Review for Hawaii Cruise on Quantum of the Seas
Travellingewe
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2023
When I asked for ham to make a sandwich, I was shown to this mystery slop
I don’t even know what this is to be able to describe it
This blueberry ‘dessert’ was I believe meant to be a meringue but it wasn’t cooked in the middle
Mortadella everywhere
“Garden” salad with spinach
“strawberry” cheesecake was a cut of regular cheesecake with a smear of strawberry jam
A plate of “seafood teriyaki” from “noodles” which was’t worth the $8
The only place on board I actually enjoyed, because it was non-smoking!
Empty Voom desk in the middle of the day
Mystery meal
Bionic Bar which is REALLY cool, if you don’t mind paying $15 for a drink

I have been cruising every year since 2010, as my mother and I share a birthday, we like to celebrate with a trip, making this my 12th cruise (took 2 yrs off for Covid) and other then the first 3 (which were with Carnival) I have been a die-hard Royal Caribbean loyalist. I tell EVERYONE that although more expensive, they have better food and more comfortable beds. However that all changed 2 weeks ago. If this had been my first on a RCC ship, I’d never cruise again.

It started 3 weeks before embarkation day, I called their customer service to confirm the time the ship would dock in Vancouver (3am) and to find out what time is the earliest we could get off (5am at the latest due to security and immigration) which was what we needed to ensure we’d make our 9am flight. Fast forward to Apr. 28. I was SO excited about this trip. This would be our first time on such a large and new-ish vessel, up until now we’d only done the older smaller ships around the Caribbean. We got onboard the Quantum in Honolulu and it was chaos! Every other port I’ve ever had 1st day boarding has always had lines with signs to tell you the different boarding times. This was a large building with hundreds of people all mashed in together, no rhyme or reason to it. Boarding times had no say here.

Then we got on board. I had pre-purchased the Voom for my mother and I, knowing that it was the cheapest price. When we got on board, they had no record of it, and I had to sign up again. The wifi on board is atrocious! No matter the time of day, or what floor your on, we had on average 11 mins out of 60 of streaming time. It took us 2 days to find the Voom desk and actually see someone. The rep in charge here likes to argue! He blames the wifi on “user error” and claims that if you have problems, to see him right away. But no mention of the fact that he only works 2 hrs. Twice a day, so good luck with that.

Port Reviews

Maui

LOVED Maui! Spent 2 days in Lahaina, took the public transit bus #28 to the beach (whalers wharf) for $4 and had an amazing time! Would highly recommend touring on your own, the ship tours offered are crazy expensive!

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Quantum of the Seas Cruise from $148

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.