Viking Magni Review

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2023
Cabin: Veranda Superior
Traveled with disabled person

My husband and I are 70-ish and in pretty good health, although I do have some mobility issues (I use a rolling walker for longer distances). We felt this cruise would be a good way to see a nice selection of European cities in relative comfort.

Our travel to our point of embarkation was NOT well arranged. Our wishes were not honored and our itinerary was, in consequence, ridiculously long, convoluted, uncomfortable and exhausting. And this turned out to be true of the return trip, as well. If we ever go on a Viking cruise again, we'll be making our own air arrangements!

In Budapest, we stayed at the New York Antara Hotel, and it was gorgeous. The room was luxurious and the staff is lovely, but the piece de resistance was The New York Café. I can't begin to describe its gilded magnificence, but if you are ever in Budapest you really must see it. (There's usually a line out the door and around the corner to get a table, but if you're a guest at the hotel there's a separate line for you and you will be ushered right in.)

Veranda Superior

Pretty small and cramped, bed a bit too small but acceptable. Good storage space. Bathroom too tiny for two people at once, but nicely appointed and a nice shower. Heated floor a plus.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Magni Cruise from $2,399

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.