AmaVerde Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2023
Cabin: Outside Stateroom with Window

We did the Southeastern European cruise with a post cruise in Istanbul on AmaVerde in April 17th. We did the Danube cruise with Ama before and we liked it and that is why we did this one with them as well. We were recommending and even encouraging others to go on AMA.

It was a big disappointment as far as the cabin accommodations and food. The cabin had a funky smell like there's mold because it was musty. I have a bad asthma and we were worried that I could badly sick. My wife told to the reception crew about it and if there's anything they could do including getting a paid upgrade. Disappointingly, they did not do anything or suggested what can be done to alleviate the issue. Worse thing, they never talked to me or showed any concern. I guess they don't care about the welfare of their customers. I told my wife that I could get off the cruise in Belgrade to return home rather than get sick. She did everything to masked the smell by spraying Lysol and other stuff. My CPAP helped during my sleep but nothing was really done by the Ama. I felt bad for my wife and so I just endured it and just prayed that I don't get badly sick although my asthma got worse and worse. I don't think they prep the boat well or did good upkeep of it. It's hard to understand how they could ignore their customers.

The food was not what we expected and very disappointing. The kitchen did a bad job preparing the food particularly the fish dishes. The selection was not only bad but also very limited. Were they cutting costs on food? Maybe. But at least the preparing could be better. I'm trying to find anything good about the food but unfortunately, there's none.

Response from SocialMediaA, Coordinator, Social Media

Hello! We sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience you had with us. We appreciate you taking the time to document your concerns, as it gives us a chance to address any areas of...

Outside Stateroom with Window

There was a bad moldy smell in the cabin. My wife asked for help which we never got any. For someone with bad asthma like me, my condition became worse. No one even talked to me to see how things can be better.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an AmaVerde Cruise from $1,999

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.