• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Legend Review

1,450 reviews

Disappointed - not the idea cruise experience

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Legend
Cjj33
2-5 Cruises • Age 20s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2023
Cabin:

Carnival Legend did nothing but cause stress in a time of relax. I got the (15 ct) drink package in which the bars attempted to cut me off even when I had 5 / 4 drinks left. This happened twice. Other bars could see how many drinks I had left, but the other half had their computers reading I reached my limit, taking away from what I paid. When dining at Follies, the server charged another persons drink to my package, brining my overall count down, and refused to rectify it. Guest Services also come off extremely careless and bored. The rooms are mostly hot despite “AC” dials; the tv stopped working all together on the second to last day. Elevators jump floors as levels, trapping you on, and closing on people’s arms due to sensors not working. One elevator was out of commission. Toilets are nauseating due to a foul odor from the pipes. I paid for wifi (premium) and it rarely worked, often going out randomly. Follies (restaurant) also continuously would forget items of an order, additionally, they serve you one single piece of broccoli and less than a spoonful of mashed potatoes with your order. They will also offer you a shot and purposely not advise you they cost extra. The blankets and pillowcases were not changed or switched out during the entire 7 days. The hours per the hub for the pizza place (open until 4a) and the club are inaccurate as these things would often close before the advised closure time. The cafe on the Ledo deck in general lacks any sense of urgency, creating extremely long lines and wait times (I spent 35 min attempting to get omelet and bacon). At the restaurant, my party were not walked to a table but instead pointed to one, in which we walked ourselves (not protocol), and then we’re not helped for exactly 15 minutes. Service after that was very very slow. The chairs on the Serenity deck look like they have not been cleaned in a very long time as they are stained, stale colored, and smell of sweat and mold. The islands we went to we were only allowed to be at for 3 hours (10 - 1p), leaving little to no time to explore excursions or really do anything outside of getting a drink and lunch. The music on the ship was very boring and bland and obviously appeared to only cater to one type of person. The DJ they advertise only plays for one hour on the days she comes out. Additionally, our cabin assistant essentially said if he were to not get all 10s in his rating, he won’t have a day off. Over all, 2/5 experience, and the only reason they still get 2 points is because the bartenders were amazing and very helpful. But if you can avoid, I would highly recommend for the sake of enjoying your vacation. (I will say there was a Australian duet who sometimes did live music- they were good).

3 Helpful Votes