3. Celebrity Infinity
After reading many previous reviews on this site we picked Celebrity as the line we thought would be best for us to use to sail to Alaska. We did not regret this choice for one moment.

Our cabin was of a satisfactory size and seemed to be similar to those on the other cruise ships we saw in the various ports of call. We thought it was in a handy location, mid ship on the starboard side. The balcony proved a bonus as I could sit there at any time of the day or night and could also put my head right out to look at what was ahead of the ship.

For the most spectacular views I went to the Constellation Lounge (sometimes from 4am!) as that gave me a 180 degree+ vista of islands and mountains that will stay in my mind forever. Thanks to this site I knew about this lounge from the start of the cruise. Others only discovered it after several days - so thank you to those who mentioned it.

Our cabin was attended by Santana and he made sure that we were happy with everything each day which we appreciated.

The meals in the main restaurant were absolutely superb and we ate there several times but we were equally happy with the more informal Ocean Grille as there was a huge choice of delicious food and we were able to take in the views at the same time. We felt that there was a wide selection available to suit all tastes. The ice cream 'shop' by the entrance was also well worth a visit - delicious!

We are an older couple and did not travel with children but when we did see the Kids/Teens Clubs the children seemed to be really enjoying themselves and the staff looked as though they loved their jobs!

The entertainment programme offered each day had tons of activities and the concerts each night were excellent. We went to all the talks given by Brent Nixon (expert naturalist) and he was informative and extremely interesting.

We were incredibly fortunate and had brilliant weather conditions throughout. We were able to get very close to the glacier at Tracy Arm and then witnessed the skill involved in turning a big ship in a very confined space. It all added to the overall experience. It was well worth the trip from New Zealand and we will definitely use the Celebrity Line again in the future.

A wonderful experience in every way

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Sue63_10

• Sail Date: June 2010
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View 7

Sue63_10’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Ocean View 7
Cabin 07 7110
Great position, mid ship. Short walk to the lift that goes to the Constellation Lounge which is the best place to see the most amazing views.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins