Zaandam Review

Through the Canal, bucket list item checked!

Review for the Panama Canal & Central America Cruise on Zaandam
baldwinjl
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2023
Cabin: Verandah Suite

I have wanted to see the Panama Canal for longer than I want to talk about! Had an offer which made the two week cruise reasonable enough to pull the trigger, and had a great time!

I saw a previous review that said this was the worst ship ever, I just don't see that. Is it older? Yes. But it is aging pretty well. The carpets, furniture, and other fittings have clearly been kept up. The ancient little TVs have been replaced by the same system that's in the newer ships, with on-demand movies, and good sized screens. (I can't say that they have gotten to all cabins, but they used this system for the muster drill, so I think they must have).

Service was as always on Holland America, efficient, and with a smile. The food in the MDR was good, and the Pinnacle was even better, as it always is. I did miss having the larger array of food choices that are not the Pinnacle Class ships, but it's not a deal breaker. It would be nice to have more selections in the late evening, but again, it can be worked with.

Verandah Suite

Vista Suite on deck six. Good living space, enough closet space. My wife said the tub wasn't big enough to use, a larger shower instead would have been better. Bed was good, cabin was quiet when the sea wasn't too rough.

13 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Zaandam Cruise from $249

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.