Vision of the Seas Review

Royal Caribbean Staff Made Our Cruise A Delight!

Review for the Southern Caribbean Cruise on Vision of the Seas
Lishca
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2023
Cabin: Spacious Ocean View Balcony Accessible

The embarkation went so smoothly. Bravo to Royal Caribbean. We were greeted with pleasant smiles and cheery comments. That was a good start. Once we got to our room we were a bit surprised at how small it was for 3 people and a bit older than we expected. After we freshened the place up with our disinfectant towelettes and received the extra towels and face cloths from the steward, all was well for the rest of the 11-day trip. Our steward was beyond efficient and helpful. He really made things pleasant for us. One of my sisters slept on the pull out couch, which she claimed was extremely comfortable, as was the other 2 beds. Everywhere we went the ship staff was extremely kind, friendly, and helpful. They ALL went above and beyond whether we were in the buffet section, the dining room, the pool areas, the entertainment areas, the lounges, etc. All staff was so incredibly accommodating and considerate. This is what stuck out the most for my two sisters and me. The excursions that Royal Caribbean offered and we chose to participate were fascinating and interesting. The reason for the 4 stars is because we were not impressed with the food. The dinners in the dining room were not creative. They were repetitive and not even all that good. There were better meals at the buffet section. It would have been a 5-star cruise if the meals were more imaginative for the themes of the evening that were created. Also, there was some confusion on our part with "anytime" dining but I would put that responsibility on to our travel agent who didn't explain that to us. When we went to the dining room at 6:00 p.m. we were turned away because there was no room at that time. One of my sisters and I are diabetics and could not eat past 7:00 p.m. We had to turn to the person in charge of the dining room to find us a spot for 7:00 p.m. every night. When that was straightened out, we were treated like royalty. We have a great deal of respect for the humility that all staff showed us and we returned that thoughtfulness back to them.

Spacious Ocean View Balcony Accessible

See review above

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Vision of the Seas Cruise from $389

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.