• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Aurora Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

No fine dining, but icebergs

Review for Aurora to the British Isles & Western Europe
Tony S
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jun 2010
Cabin: Inside Stateroom with Shower

We embarked at Southampton and the chaos started. Our cabins weren't ready and everyone was directed to the orangery The self service orangery was chaos as everyone searched for the cutlery. We waited for the queue to die down a little at the indoor Bar-b-Que only to see them pack it away.

This was a bit of a surprise for me as virtually all the food disappeared with the exception of sandwiches (which I can't eat) The place was far too chaotic to ask someone so I went for my self sufficiency supplies. We sailed around 5pm and went down to discover our cabin.

Having booked the most basic inside cabin it was a good standard, well designed, sensible, everything worked, the shower was fairly good, the waterworks were quiet and we could not hear the cabin next door. there was enough room to unpack and loose our cases. there was only one uk mains socket and no US sockets. there was a fridge , hair drier and quiet kettle.

Inside Stateroom with Shower

Having booked the most basic inside cabin it was a good standard, well designed, sensible, everything worked, the shower was fairly good, the waterworks were quiet and we could not hear the cabin next door. there was enough room to unpack and loose our cases. there was only one UK mains socket and no US sockets. there was a fridge , hair drier and quiet kettle.

Find an Aurora Cruise