Allure of the Seas Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2023
Traveled with children

Our cruise was booked 18 months in advance. So I had tons of time to plan. I watched many YouTube videos. Read tons of reviews and joined a bunch of Facebook groups. I bought the refreshment package, one Internet package with 3 devices and the unlimited dining package. I was able to get good pricing on all packages with Black Friday deals. We had two ocean view balcony staterooms with a connecting door. I was traveling with my 14 y/o niece and 16 y/o nephew. We left their parents at home. This was a spring break cruise and after I booked it I wondered if I had lost my mind traveling on board a huge ship during spring break. I had heard about kids running amok pushing every button in the elevators, overtaking hot tubs and pools, difficulty getting restaurant reservations, waiting in horrendous lines for everything. To say I was nervous is an understatement. So… here’s how it went:

Boarding took 2 hours due to a truck accident taking their power down to a generator and delaying the passengers on the previous cruise debarkation. I told the kids on the way to the ship that we would need to be patient and may have to wait a considerable amount of time. Both kids said the wait wasn’t too bad when I asked them about it later in the day.

Immediately upon entering the ship we headed left and down one flight of stairs to Izumi. We were the first ones there. Before boarding I came up with a list of restaurants we wanted and times we wanted to go. I made the list with my previously on line booked show reservations. I handed the crew person at the podium my list of our preferences for dining and Booked all reservations at that time. The only restaurant not available was Izumi sushi for lunch so I booked it one night for dinner.

We had connecting ocean view cabins. Plenty of space for the three of us. We had no problem finding enough storage for everything but you wouldn’t know that from looking at the kids room because they kept leaving their stuff on the floor. There were plenty of hangers. One electrical outlet behind the bed and one on the vanity near the balcony. The cabins are well maintained. The individual climate controls worked well.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

We spent the day at big mama’s - one of the restaurants on the public beach where you can pay $15 per person for a spot on the beach with lounge chairs and a table/chair setup with an attendant. We paid extra for massages on the beach, a henna tattoo and hair braiding. Aside from their guacamole which was

Cozumel

We spent the day at Paradise beach and cannot recommend it enough.

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Allure of the Seas Cruise from $264

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.