• Newsletter
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Silver Dawn Review

Exactly what we expected!!

Review for the Caribbean Cruise on Silver Dawn
Lascellesman
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2023

We are sixty-something small ship cruisers with around 150 days under our belts with Seabourn, Silversea and Viking. I will say up front that we have not cruised with Seabourn since the pandemic struck and, though I list Viking above, its really not fair to lump them in the same class as Silversea, Seabourn and Regent, whose ships are only 2/3 the size and arguably catering to a different market (despite T&L and Conde Naste grouping them together for awards). Similarly, reviews on this site make comparisons to Celebrity, many of whose ships are even bigger!

I read all the Silver Dawn reviews here before we booked and almost didn't go ahead because some of them are so disappointing. To cut to the chase, we had a very enjoyable, relaxing cruise. I've given 4 stars because no one is perfect, but the Dawn stacked up well against our Seabourn experiences and the food is much more varied and refined than Viking. The ship was immaculate, the service almost embarrassingly willing and generally quite capable, and the tours about what we expected. To be fair to the cruise lines, it's tough to come up with interesting tours on small Caribbean tourist islands and these were as good as any!

So I'd like to address some of the more common disappointments expressed by other reviewers:

40 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Silver Dawn Cruise from $3,850

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.