3. Norwegian Sun

I took this cruise with my husband. We took the 7 day Alaska cruise on this same ship last year, and enjoyed it so much that we decided to take a longer cruise. I can't say enough about the service we received. Everyone was so attentive to our needs and very friendly. After only two days, we were on a first name basis with almost everyone who served us.

Embarkation was a breeze. After arriving at the airport, we were put on a bus to the pier. From the pier, after our luggage was offloaded and checked by us it was minutes until we were on the ship. The itinerary was excellent! We had fun at all the ports. We booked tours at only two of the ports, the others we explored on our own.

There was something to do every minute of everyday on the ship. The food was excellent, we ate in the restaurants every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We only used the buffets for snacks and such. The specialty restaurants are worth the extra charge. Where else can you have a 4 course meal in a really nice French or Italian restaurant for only $15 per person? The entertainment was really good too! The comedians, the bands, the shows - all were FABULOUS!

Debarkation was easy too, just wait until your color tag is called and you're off the ship in minutes! Overall, I have to say that we had a wonderful time and will definitely cruise with Norwegian again. As Fabio (one of the entertainers) would say - EXCITING - NO?

Norwegian Sun - Central America/Panama Canal