Norwegian Breakaway Review

3,886 reviews

In Person Muster Covid Breeding Ground, Tight Public Areas, Slow (sometimes abrasive) Service

Review for the Western Caribbean Cruise on Norwegian Breakaway
Arayrum
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2023

NCL has made the decision to go back to in person muster drills, however, they pack you in like sardines to various meetings points. Oblivious as to how respiratory viruses spread. Listen I’m not a Covid extremist, haven’t worn a mask in over a year. But when you pack 400-500 people in the atrium in tight compact lines, that’s a prime example on how things spread. It was so hot in that meeting area that a someone ended up passing out and medical had to be called. I myself felt like I was about to pass out. At that point no one was paying attention so we maybe heard 50% of the safety briefing. For this reason, I will not sail NCL again.

Service was not great. Staff is overworked. They need to hire more people, especially in food and beverage. The service and drinks were good but I found myself waiting on average 10 minutes for a drink. Also some of the staff come off as abrasive, perhaps because they don’t have time to talk or are on short fuses because they are overworked. We saw staff members arguing with each other and staff members arguing with us. We aren’t a rowdy crowd. We had a dining reservation at Moderno that I was trying to get us checked into and she said we had a combined reservation with another stateroom but we didnt combine them and the party size was incorrect. They eventually took care of us but I was told multiple times there is nothing they can do and to try again the next day. But what pissed me off was when they accommodated us there was plenty of open tables and never got busy while we were there.

The overall design of the ship is poor compared to other ships. Lots of wasted space. Lots of congestion points.

We had 5th floor interior. It was fine. Small but efficient and clean.

Port Reviews

Roatan

This port was amazing. The people of Roatan are so friendly and nice. We worked with Roatan Five Stars to develop a personalized excursion for our family. Definitely recommend working with them.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Breakaway Cruise from $279

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.