Celebrity Solstice Review

A good enough cruise, but disappointing (no karaoke)

Review for the Mexican Riviera Cruise on Celebrity Solstice
Sailing and Singing
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2023

Never having been to Cabo San Lucas, we decided to book this cruise. Let me say the crew members are very polite, very friendly and very helpful. The food was adequate, but somewhat disappointing, especially the Le Petite specialty dinner which the main entree was beef ribs. There is something of a show that they project onto your plate during each course and although mildly amusing, it did not warrant the very high price of the meal.

Since I am a kj and love to karaoke, I was very unhappy when I learned they no longer have karaoke aboard the Solstice. Instead, they have a venue where you can pick from a small selection of songs and sing with the Celebrity band by reading lyrics from a sheet. Of the approximately 108 songs, I knew exactly three, which surprised me being KJ. Singing with the band is a bit awkward but it went pretty well, but this was a poor substitute for karaoke. This is the first ship I have been on that doesn't offer karaoke, and I have been on several. For this reason alone, I will no longer sail on Celebrity.

The weather was cold and windy so events aboard the ship were pretty much limited to inside the ship. That's great if you like a lot of trivia, but that gets boring after a while. The shows were okay with some talented young singers and dancers, but could have been better.

Nice cabin, very clean with an excellent steward to serve us.

9 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Solstice Cruise from $807

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.