• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Norwegian Escape Review

3,042 reviews

Not as good as the first time!!!!!

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Norwegian Escape
jpg33
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2023
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom
Traveled with children

To start!!! Embarking and disembarking was a total nightmare. I was really disappointed with a lot of Norwegian staff in how they talked and their attitudes towards many cruisers. Their lack of patience was not pleasant. I understand that getting on and off the ship is a big job but......we have all spent a great deal of money for our families to enjoy ourselves so we don't need workers yelling at us to keep on moving or reprimanding us if we step out of line. I witnessed on dis embarkment day a staff just before customs yell and belittle an elderly couple that appeared to be very confused. I am very disappointed for that. Once again we spend the money to enjoy a vacation! Another disappointment would be the drinks in many of the areas were hands down watered down! Our group noticed the pool bars and outdoor bars to be the worst. And to top it off, there was a good 25 min wait to get drinks. Your best bet would be to go in the buffet bar to order. Now on to the restaurants. Cagney's was by far the best!!! The food was cooked perfectly and the wait staff was wonderful. We also ate at La Cucina which was excellent, The Manhattan Room was great and so was Cagney's. We were disappointed with Bayamo. My wife's salmon was served raw and the Maitre d told us salmon is supposed to be cooked like such. Um only sushi!!!! Taste and Savour were terrible for breakfast and dinner. The staff basically looked like they were running around to look busy. The service was slow and the food was not great! To be honest, that was the same our fist cruise with the Escape. My wife and I were on this ship in 2017 and had a fabulous time. There was a much different mood with the majority of staff. I also believe there are less staff than back in 2017 which is disappointing considering the ship to be full.

Now the positives....Our cabin was always clean and most of the areas were clean. I do like the constant reminder to wash your hands and sanitize. Most bathrooms were well kept and clean as well. Communication with Guest Services and the Excursion Dest was fantastic. Except I still have not received my CruiseNext credits which I purchased. We have been on many Norwegian Cruises and will go again but definitely not on this boat. Our son who is 15 loved Entourage and stated the staff were fantastic.

Balcony Stateroom

Our cabin was 8742. The cabin was clean and the cabin Stewart was excellent. The location though was horrible. Had we known, we would have picked our cabin instead of Norwegian to pick it. The cabin is located 1 floor directly above the Theatre. So every evening from 7pm-at least 10:30pm it is super loud and you can feel the bass from the show beneath.

Port Reviews

Great Stirrup Cay

Fantastic location and a lot to do. The boat did tender cruisers to the island but that ran smoothly! I honestly wish the whole vacation was at Great Stirrup Cay!!

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Escape Cruise from $499

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.