3. MSC Fantasia
I traveled with my 16 daughter and 20 year old son. My daughter and I cruised on MSC last summer, too, since she is free until she is 18 with two paying adults.

This cruise is not like a Carnival cruise. Dinner and snack options are rather limited. There are many courses served at dinner, but none is particularly good.

This is an Italian ship, and there are few American guests. Nonetheless, the staff is very helpful, and I didn't find much of a communication problem.

The ship is very clean, and the rooms were well maintained. There were only two afternoons that we were on the ship, and I looked forward to lying by the pool. Unfortunately, everyone else did, too, and finding sunchairs was difficult.

Drinks, including water, are expensive. The ship offers a Sports Bar and Tex Mex Restaurant which offer decent (better than the dining room)food, for an extra charge.

I thought the cruise itself was very affordable. Drinks, extra food and excursion costs add up, but those items are all optional.

There were a number of great ports of call. If your number one concern isn't delicious cuisine, I'd recommend it.

Kids under 18 cruise free

MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by Sooner20

Sooner20’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 16+

Good balcony. Noisy room- some sort of squeaky noise all night.
  MSC Fantasia Deck Plans