Harmony of the Seas Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2022
Cabin: Grand Suite with Balcony

First of all I'd like too mention the Staybridge Suites in Fort Lauderdale where we stayed the night before. Nice hotel with complimentary transportation too the cruise port which I thought was a huge perk. This was our fourth cruise and embarkation was the fastest we have ever experienced. Popular opinion is too get on the ship as early as possible. In my opinion I am going too wait till later too get on the ship. We embarked at 11:30 AM and after a quick check in we walked right onto the ship, no sitting and waiting in the terminal. Also rooms are usually ready by 1:00 PM so you can just go too your room and dump off your carry on bags.

Entertainment was fantastic and we had no problem getting into any shows and getting good seats. We saw two theatre shows, two aqua shows, two ice shows, and two comedy shows and all were very good. Was delighted that the quest game show returned for our sailing, and it is so much fun, and a barrel of laughs. Love and marriage was also good. I always get a kick out of the belly flop competition. I would have liked too try the puzzle break room, but it was not available. I did not get in early enough too sign up for the free skate at the ice rink, so get there early too sign up. No laser tag in studio B not sure if they never offer it or it still hasn't got up a running since covid. Love the mini golf, Royal has the best putt putt golf courses.

We ate at a lot of specialty restaurants as we had the ultimate dining package. Chops Grill was the best, good food, and we had the best service. Wonderland surprised me, it was a quiet meal with good service, and not everything on the menu was a hit which I expected, but there was some really good food. We ate one time at the main dining room. We were any time diners and reserved a time but we ended up standing in line for a long time too be seated. The food there was just as good as the specialty restaurants and the service was just as good too. The buffet was good, I do wish there was a soft service ice cream machine in the buffet. Sorento's pizza was very good, I always enjoyed going for pizza late at night, then grabbing some cookies from Cafe Promenade. Park Cafe was good and we were wishing we had made it back for a second time for those Kummelweck sandwiches.

Grand Suite with Balcony

The cabin was nice. Personally I would just prefer just a big shower in the bathroom, rather than a tub with a shower. Also the big closet was in the living room part, wish the closet was in the bedroom part. Our room steward was fantastic the best we have ever had on any of our cruises, although we have only taken 4 cruises. We never took advantage of the suite lounge or coastal kitchen, as our kids just had a balcony room.

Port Reviews

Labadee

Enjoyed a relaxing day ay Labadee.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Harmony of the Seas Cruise from $445

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.