Carnival Radiance Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2023
Cabin: Grand Suite
I had dinner a couple of times at the Cucina del Capitano.  I had the meatball appetiser and the chicken parmesan.  I opted for the Moscato as well.  For only $18, it is well worth the experience.  #CucinadelCapitano.
While in Ensenada, I went to the La Bufadora.  Supposedly there are only three in the world.  The scenery is quite nice, and it is kind of fun watching tourists standing a little too close and then getting soaked by the blowhole.
I was finally able to book the "Chef's Table".  This is an 8-course dinner hosted by a Carnival Chef.  The food was beyond my comprehension and for that matter my preconceived notions.  Some of the food I would never eat in any restaurants that I would frequent.  But in this environment I trusted the Chef completely, and I was not disappointed a single time. This once in a lifetime experience should not be ignored.  Do the Chef's Table.  Of course, it is a cost event and it may take 2-hours or more to complete all 8 course.  #ChefsTable

Honestly, the only reason I took this cruise is because I'm about to hit Platinum, and I wanted to get more sail days in to get to 75 a little sooner.

It was an alright cruise, but I will admit the weather took "some of the wind out of my sails" (forgive the pun). Weather kept our cruise from going to Catalina Island, so we went directly to Ensenada. Three sea days on a four day cruise is a bit much.

No blame to Carnival. Mother Nature did this.

Grand Suite

The Grand Suite is a great accommodation. The size of the room kept me spoiled and the jacuzzi bathtub and shower was pretty cool too. My room steward, I Made was fantastic and very attentive.

Port Reviews

Ensenada

I've been to Ensenada a few times but it had been quite a few years so I opted for the La Bufadora trip.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Radiance Cruise from $214

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.