American Melody Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Life on a River Cruise without the Exhaustion of Over Excursioning!

Review for North America River Cruise on American Melody
vacationreporter
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2022
American Melody arrives in the port of Vicksburg where we embark!
lobby of the American Melody decorated with guest made gingerbread houses
decorated for a holiday cruise!
Ready for New Year's revelry!
Dancing the night away!
New Years Eve
Welcome 2023!
Cruise director Justin and Hotel General Manager Shavar lead the New Year's Eve toast
River Lounge
Masked man

First and foremost, the accolades go to the crew of the 2022/23 Holiday Cruise.

American Cruise Line must have hand selected their A plus PLUS employees to join together to make this a seamless and enjoyable voyage. Under the leadership of Hotel General Manager Shavar Cubit, this year’s cruise definitely had extra festive elements for its guests – a gingerbread house making session, tasteful decorations, a holiday gift exchange for those who wanted to participate, chocolate gifts delivered (personally presented to each room by the GM before dinner on New Year’s Eve) and the inclusion of crew members who we shared the dance floor with at the midnight celebration.

I have traveled this itinerary with ACL before (yes, I am a proud Eagle Society member!) and I selected this voyage, not for the excursions, but for the holiday timing. My hectic business schedule and New Year’s resolutions (?!) awaited me for 2023 and my goal was to ring in the New Year in a memorable way where I WASN’T doing the hosting and before the fast-filling calendar obligations were before me.

As big as my home's guest rooms with a full sized dresser/ desk/ nightstands and a king sized bed. Balcony with a table and chairs. Taji, our room steward, helped us keep tidy twice a day.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.