Holland America Rotterdam Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2022

We have been on 18 cruises but this was our first with Holland America. We chose Holland America for the more quiet, relaxed atmosphere on the ship. We felt so good and recharged after the week long sail on Rotterdam 7. The holiday cruise exceeded our expectations. The ship was new and attractive, food selection good, staff was absolutely great, friendly and professional. The cabin was very comfortable and clean, quiet, beds comfortable, we slept really well. Loved sitting on the balcony and were able to relax and read there, unlike on other cruise ships where the door slamming was constant. It was minimal on this ship. The itinerary was good, always love St. Thomas. The only problem we had was with the booking with a live representative. I wanted to book both my husband and I on the cruise and flights to FLL and back. The woman booked both of us on the cruise but did not book my husband on any flights for some odd reason!! I caught the mistake a week before sailing when I checked with the airline, and so called Holland America and my husband was able to get on the same flights. Some calypso music on the ship would have been nice too. We would sail with Holland America again but I may book the flights myself. Aside from that it was a good cruise.

32 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Holland America Rotterdam Cruise from $539

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.