American Symphony Review

American Symphony a beautiful new riverboat offers great way to see USA

Review for North America River Cruise on American Symphony
Jackie M.
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2022

After seeing the new “Elvis” movie, I wanted to visit Graceland in Memphis. After seeing photos of the new American Symphony, I wanted to experience a cruise on the beautiful riverboat.

So, I combined both of those hopes into one wonderful experience. I cruised from Memphis to New Orleans on the American Symphony in November.

I also chose the two-night pre-cruise Elvis Experience in Memphis offered by American Cruise Lines. As part of the week-long cruise, passengers arrive a day early and stay at the lovely Guest House at Graceland.

My stateroom No. 417 was larger than many hotel rooms. It had a phone, big screen TV, Keurig coffee maker and one of the biggest mini fridges I have seen on any cruise vessel. It had a roomy shower with good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The bed was super comfy with premium white linens, duvet and pillows.

Large floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors lead to a private balcony with two chairs and a table. All American Symphony cabins have balconies. The cabin décor featured soothing colors of light blues and earth tones. A desk with a chair and a round table with two upholstered chairs offered good seating. A dresser with six drawers and a closet were great storage spaces. The boat has free Wi-Fi – which is speedy and really works - and my cabin had adequate plugs for electronic devices.

Outside my cabin door was a handy device. Instead of having to hang a “Do Not Disturb” or “Please Make Up My Cabin” sign, a little device on the wall allowed me to flip to a green message for the steward to “Make Up Room.” When the steward was done, he changed the message to “Welcome.”

11 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.