Norwegian Joy Review

Only the Staff saved the cruise

Review for the Panama Canal & Central America Cruise on Norwegian Joy
headbeak
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2022

We have been cruising for over 30 years and have been on various cruise lines, so we have experience both good, bad and exceptional cruises. This the first cruise we decided to take since the COVID lock down. We selected this cruiseline because we are Gold members and have had some great times on previous sailings.

Our first issue was arriving at the port to check-in Port Canaveral. Prior to the sailing we were given a arrival time of 11:00 - 11:30 AM. On past cruises by keeping to this time the check in is minimal and your on the ship within 20-30 minutes. However, when arriving at the port a long line had formed and we were left outside waiting to get in the door for our credentials. Time in line 3 hours. I am an older senior citizen, but there were some older than me with crutches and canes left in the heat with no where to sit or rest. Also,there were no facilities if someone needed them or places to get a daring of water. This was totally unacceptable. We heard that the reason for the delay was that this was the first time this ship used this facility and they had problems with the computers. You would think this would have been checked out before we arrived. When we finally got into the building we noticed they only had 2 people checking passports and they were not the most efficient of the bunch.

Once on the ship things settled in and we enjoyed our cabin, with a good steward. The bar people were a saving grace and we found some staff we had met on previous cruises. They were enjoyable to be with. The food I found in the Cafe to be mediocre The selections were only warm and some cases cold. THe selection didn't change much over the 14 day cruise which after a week I found that I needed to find other restaurants to dine.

Acceptable, but not as large as Bliss. These are supposed to be sister ships, but really not the same. Bliss is a larger ship with many more features.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Joy Cruise from $228

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.