3. Carnival Legend
My wife and I were first-timers when it came to boarding the Carnival Legend on June 20th. We knew we would have a good time but our expectations were blown out of the water. The staff on the ship was tremendous.

Dining: Ana (our head waitress) and her team were excellent, I cannot say enough good things about them.

Cabin: The cabins were a bit cramped but, after all, it is a ship. Our room steward was tremendous, whenever we had a question or a need, he was at our door within seconds.

Entertainment: The shows were great, what can I say, we had lots of fun. The ship offered different types of entertainment, ranging from comedians to jugglers and even a hypnotist. My only suggestion is if you go on a cruise, do not get overly intoxicated and try to heckle the comedians.

Excursions: My only complaint is with debarking the ship for shore excursions. It seemed the Carnival gives precedence to passengers who book excursions through the ship rather than 3rd party companies. We were one of the first in line for Cozumel for our excursion but we had to wait in line for more than an hour while passengers who booked excursions through the ship were allowed to leave ahead of us. This not only upset me but it upset the many passengers who were in line with us, as they had excursions as well.

Embarking/Disembarking: Getting on the ship is much more difficult than getting off the ship. We arrived at the airport about 9:30 AM and we waited until about 11:30 AM for the Carnival bus to arrive. Upon getting to the terminal, there were long lines, people complaining, the usual routine. Disembarking, we were one of the last zones so we waited for what seemed to be an eternity. Upon hearing our zone number, it took us 15-20 minutes to get our bags, exit the terminal, and enter the bus to the airport.

First Time was Fan-freaking-tastic