• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Viking Vilhjalm Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Fabulous First River Cruise.

Review for Viking Vilhjalm to Europe River
ShelbyCarol
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2022
Cabin: French Balcony
Christmas Market in Vienna, Austria.

I had often thought about going on a river cruise due to all the ads I’d seen. After talking to a close friend who went on one I was even more intrigued. Then I received word of an available deal that I felt I couldn’t turn down. From the very beginning with my contact of my agent Flynn everything was super easy and just as I was told it would be.

With excursions included, fantastic food by a great chef and his staff and a very personable Oscar, the cruise director, everything was absolutely fabulous for my first experience on a Viking River Cruise. Our wait staff got to know us and anticipated our every need at meal times and because of our cabin steward we were always guaranteed a well made, fresh room every time we walked in the door.

The scenery was breathtaking and the tour guides were excellent at giving us the history, architecture, stories of interesting places we were visiting at each stop. Plus many fun facts that aren’t covered in history books.

French Balcony

We had a French Balcony cabin and although small it was sufficient for a week of cruising. The mini fridge was very handy and the fresh bottled water every day was greatly appreciated. As stated before our room steward was fantastic and made sure our room was always tidy and ready for our return.

1 Helpful Vote