• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review

Editor Rating
10 Awards

I think this was my last Cunard voyage.

Review for Queen Mary 2 (QM2) to Transatlantic
tomship
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin: Single Oceanview

I chose this Crossing because it was Cunard's annual Crossing with the British National Orchestra. At Southampton, I stayed on the ship and went to northern Norway and back for another 13 days on the ship. So, I was on board the QM2 for 20 days as a solo traveler. I was in a different stateroom for the Norway portion of my journey. This Crossing with the orchestra was memorable, and I am glad I could be on it. The Orchestra gave two evening performances, as well as a matinee performance. The music was wonderful! It was a privilege to hear them.

Will I book another Cunard voyage? Probably not. Cunard has stripped the QM2 of all of the special touches which Cunard has always been known for. On my previous two Cunard voyages, I felt very special being on a Cunard ship. I felt like I was truly welcomed on the ship. I also felt that Cunard looked after their solo travelers.

These special touches are gone:

Single Oceanview

I actually was on the ship for 20 days. After the Crossing, I remained on the ship for another 13 days for the voyage that went to northern Norway and back. So, I stayed in two staterooms.

I was in #3002 during the Crossing, a very beautiful single Oceanview stateroom. I think it must be the most beautiful single stateroom on the high seas! Beautifully furnished, spacious, with two circular windows five feet in diameter. I loved it! I was in #6125 for the Norway portion of my voyage. It was a sheltered balcony stateroom. It was beautifully furnished, roomy, and cheerful.

I loved both staterooms. They were very attractive and comfortable. The beds and linens were great. Hot water in the showers was plentiful. My stateroom attendants were top-notch and kept the room clean and orderly. I give Cunard an A Plus for my fine staterooms!

5 Helpful Votes