• Newsletter

Sail Date: Nov 2022
Cabin:
View from my "partially obstructed" cabin E118
My cabin was above the S in the word Princess
The route the ship took, now heading back to Port Everglades
Main show
Main show
Some of the offerings at the International Cafe

I'd rate it a 5 star but a few very minor points prohibited me from doing so.

I should start off by saying I ran slot department on a Costa cruise ship for nearly 2 years in the late 1980's. I've been on several other ships for a few hours here and there as a guest, so I may not have a lot of experience as a Passenger, but I know a bad ship from a good one. This was my third cruise as a Passenger. The others were RCCL @1991 from LA to Mexico, and NCL @ 2008 Barcelona/Italy/France.

This was my favorite... by FAR!!!

My cabin was E118 (Emerald Deck, directly in front of the first lifeboat). It's a cabin with a 'partially obstructed' window but my view of the outside world was adequate for the few minutes that I used it every day. I just like to see where I am and what the weather is like before I head out for the day.

The cabin was just slightly smaller than a standard hotel room and was nicely appointed. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. There was ample closet and storage space. During my cruise they installed automatic lights that turn on when you go near them... no fumbling around in the middle of the night looking for a light switch, just stand up and the appropriate lights will glow.

6 Helpful Votes