• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2022
Cabin: Star Balcony Suite

My husband (46) and I (45) always said we would never cruise because we didn't want to be stuck with thousands of people. But, I discovered Windstar and we decided to book the newly renovated Star Pride since it only holds 312 passengers. I am so glad we did because this was the BEST vacation we ever had. We loved having an all-inclusive package without any added costs. We don't drink so we opted out of the alcohol package.

From the moment we boarded, we knew we made a good choice. Every interaction with the crew was superb...they really know how to treat the passengers. I can't say enough about how great everyone was, including the many passengers we met during our 7-day trip.

After checking out our room, we toured the yacht and visited all the spaces. Our favorite spot was the Yacht Club Café, which many people miss because its entrance is not labeled very well. There you could play a variety of board games, get a cappuccino, or enjoy a variety of snacks.

Star Balcony Suite

Our suite (539, new section) was perfect for our needs. The bathroom had two sinks and a shower, and there was a large walk-in closet as well. The balcony was big enough for two people to stand on.

Port Reviews

Jost Van Dyke

This was my favorite island! We walked over to the Soggy Dollar Beach Bar and enjoyed nice food, good drinks, and people watching on the beach. The walk to get there was uphill and took about 30 minutes from where the tender dropped us off. We took a taxi back for $5/each (well worth it). We then sailed around the island on a catamaran. It was a wonderful, relaxing day that I will never forget!

Virgin Gorda

We took a cruise ship excursion to The Baths. It was so fun walking through the boulders and surrounding pools/beach areas. We had so much fun that we went through the loop twice. I loved it, but others may not because it does require balance and some level of fitness to travel over rocks, down ladders, and steps.

St. Maarten

This port was not my cup of tea. There were too many cruise ships in at once, and most of the port area is focused on shopping which is not something I was interested it. Traffic was horrendous so people sitting on bus tours looked pretty miserable. We booked an off-road vehicle ahead of time and drove around the island on our own. We would 100% do that again, but I doubt we'll go back to St. Maarten.

9 Helpful Votes