• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Viking Venus Review

Editor Rating

GTY a mistake avoid for cabin placement!

Review for Viking Venus to the Mediterranean
40Love
10+ Cruises • Age 20s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2022
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

I liked the Venus itinerary so having never cruised on Viking I went for. GTY on a DV-6 Deluxe Veranda. I trusted the cruise line would make a great choice for me like Crystal Cruise or Regent has very time. What I got was the lowest floor in a regular cabin. Will I do a GTY again?- NEVER! Will I cruise with Viking again- well that remains to be seen. So far I am not thrilled! I’ll be emailing my travel agent to let her know.

They could have contacted me to discuss my placement based on availability. I could accept and understand that but nothing of the sort was done.

If you wish to have a cocktail before dinner at several bars and lounges on board- be prepared to pay extra or purchase a wine package to have free access. I would rather have the cost be built into the price,

Response from VikingS, Community Team

We appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience with us, 40Love, as feedback such as this allows us to better understand our guests’ travel preferences. We would welcome the...

Deluxe Veranda Stateroom