• Newsletter

Bar in tulum city
Frostys food
Beach at the ruins
Roatan
Roatan gas station food. So fresh and wonderful
You can go to the top for an awesome view of Roatan.
Cameo factory. Bought earrings for $60. Most places accepted card except here.
Roatan gas station empanada. Best I've had.
Tulum City Mayan ruins

We did our first carnival cruise right before covid was a thing on the liberty. It was a wonderful experience. I saw the paradise reviews and decided to take a chance since its out of Tampa and we live close. It honestly wasn't horrible. I'll start was cons...going into the buffet area is just annoying. My husband couldnt get the drink package without me getting it too and i dont drink. And there were so many people coughing. So of course the last night I start coughing and now sick. Getting off the ship was horrible. They are so organized except for debarking. Pros...people watching was entertaining. Food was good. Our room was clean. They could use a good deep clean in the toilet. We did hear one guy complaining about his toilet. The crew are friendly and work so hard. I recommend doing Francisco's private taxi for roatan. Eat some food at a gas station and do the sloth experience. Chocolate factory was nice. Cameo factory had amazing Jewelry. Hit up the beach at the west side and do some shopping.

for tulum city, the Mayan ruins excursion was fun but it was so hot. I didn't think 4 hours would be enough time but it was. Ferry is about 30 mins, bus ride is about an hour. Our guide was just amazing. Frostys food was so good and $12 for 3 tacos, rice, beans, and a drink. Lots of shops, and the ruins area just beautiful. I'd recommend eating first, check out the beach, then the ruins and shop last. The one bar has swings which was fun.

Another pro was the latin band on the ship. They were so good. The comedians were funny and of course all the shows were good. The casino was more enjoyable with way less cigarette smoke. It says no smoking but at some machines people can smoke. Totally confused by that. I appreciated the worker kicking kids out of the casino and adult area.

We had twin bunk beds lol not sure if I missed selecting a room or something but we made it work. The room was so cold. glad I packed warm PJs. And better than being hot. We had an inside room. It wasn't bad but our first cruise we had a balcony so I think I'd pick a balcony again.

6 Helpful Votes