• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Viking Sea Review

Editor Rating
32 Awards

Wonderful trip with a little trouble in paradise

Review for Viking Sea to the Eastern Mediterranean
darylec
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin:

We have sailed Vikining before on a river cruise to the Bordeaux region, six years ago. We've wanted to be able to travel on their cruise ships ever since. It took some time to be able to save up enough money to take the trip. It was everything and more in terms of the quality of the ship, staff, and services. The excursions were also amazing. I'd recommend this trip to everyone.

One issue, and it's a big one, was that my husband's piece of luggage was lost somewhere between the port and our bus to Italy for our post-excursion. Several people were in contact with the ship and with Viking since we had to leave Venice without his bag on our way to Verona and Lake Como. As a matter of fact, we still are not in possession of his bag. as of this writing 11/22 and the bag was lost on 11/7. To make matters worse, I was told. I would hear from Viking with an update on the bag on 11/8 and I never received a phone call. I still haven't. I've heard from several people that this has never happened before - well folks, it has now.

I am completely disappointed in the lack of follow-through from Viking to take responsibility for 1) losing the bag, 2) communicating with us until we have it in our hands, and 3) not taking responsibility for the incident. Who can't find a bag that literally just came off a boat and have it sit for 15-30 minutes before being transferred to the bus?????? This lack of customer service is not what Viking is known for, but rather the opposite.

1 Helpful Vote