3. Crown Princess
* Background Information: I'm a single, 66 yo seasoned, cruiser. 25 cruises in past 5 years. Live in NY. Really enjoy Transatlantic voyages & this was one of best.

* Hotel Info (if any): Stayed couple of nights in Ft. Lauderdale before cruise at Riverside Hotel. What a lovely place. Got it on Priceline.com & it was great.

* Travel To Port of Embarkation: Enjoyed my 2 days in Ft. Lauderdale area before cruise. Always go couple of days early before cruise leaves so there are no issues.

* Ship Info: The Crown Princess is a really lovely vessel. Very clean & well maintained also well appointed. Plenty of room in public areas & on decks to roam. Quality of fellow passengers was also great. Everyone was very pleasant, interesting & friendly. One really nice touch on this ship was automatic doors on all areas leading from interior of ship to outside decks. Haven't seen this on any other ship. This was Transatlantic voyage with 9 nights at sea. I was a bit concerned because of so many nights at sea but turned out to be wonderful. Longest time at sea in past was 7 nights on QM2.

* Activities: Enjoyed Movies with the Stars on pool deck except a bit cold a few nights. Cruise Director & staff were very good. Would have liked more cooking demonstrations. There were many activities available during sea days. Crew made every effort to keep us busy & happy.

* Service: Excellent throughout voyage. Staff was very friendly & always accommodating. I attribute this to the Captain. He was great & funny. Not stuffy at all. Staff seemed very happy & showed it to the passengers.

* Port & Shore Excursions: Ports were very good. Two were new for me so I really enjoyed them. Took one of ships Shore Excursions & it was very good. Handled professionally, although slight bit disorganized. Really wish shuttles at ports would be built into cost of cruise. Only way to get into town at some of the ports was by shuttle. Didn't have a choice so would have been better if included.

* Stateroom: Well appointed & comfortable. Cabin Steward was great. Took super care of me & listened to my requests when I first got on board. Had problem with my balcony door opening on its own. He provide a great solution. Would like more light in bathroom but it was OK.

* Dining: Really enjoyed the Open Choice Dining. Ate in the Da Vinci Restaurant every evening. Never had to wait for a table & had very good to excellent food & service throughout. Breakfast was in the Horizon Court/Cafe Caribe. Found it was better than dining room although dining room was fine. Also enjoyed the Vines Restaurant/Bar in lobby for sushi & International Cafe for their chicken salad & shrimp. The coffee on this ship was great. The cookies were also better than other ships I've been on.

* Entertainment: Very good to excellent throughout. Productions show were very well done & cute. Comedians were great. Most of musical guest performers were also great. Lounges also had very talented entertainers & venues.

* Disembarkation: It was raining when we disembarked. Exit from ship was one of fastest I've experienced but had a jam up leaving from baggage area. Only had one way in/out & people were trying to get on while we were leaving. Caused a bit of a mess but worked out fine in the end.

* Summary: One of best cruises I've experienced. Ship, staff, food, entertainment, ports & fellow passengers were memorable & outstanding. Would definitely travel on this ship in the future.

Great Transatlantic Voyage on Crown!!

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Sweetd

• Sail Date: May 2010
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Sweetd’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin BD B222
My cabin was great. Good location near forward elevators. Very quiet. Excellent closet space. Would have liked more light in bathroom but not really bad. Balcony door kept opening on its own but cabin steward had great solution. They put duvet on beds & I requested top sheet instead. Cabin steward accommodated this request without having to ask again or remind him.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins