• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

Two of my sisters, my oldest niece and I started our planning for this cruise almost two years to the day of sailing with the original embarkation date of March 2022 to celebrate my 65th birthday. But since COVID was still active, we decided to not risk it and cancelled our original dates and went in October. We could not have had a better time and we were not disappointed. We had a travel agent who worked with Viking on our flights and when things would change in the flight itinerary, Viking worked with the travel agent to get the flights back to where they originally were. Not 100% sure what the cause of the three itinerary changes for my sister and her daughter, but each time the travel agent and Viking got it squared away. We had an extra day on our own but with the online check in and boarding pass process, when we arrived at the terminal to check in, things went very smoothly. Only complaint (minor) was that our paperwork said we were to go to a different terminal to check in so once the cab dropped us off at the one on the paperwork we had to get another cab to get to the correct terminal. Again very minor complaint and we could have held the original cab but didn't do that. Embarking was so easy- baggage taken and marked for the correct cabin and we entered the ship. Such a wonderful and warm welcome by all of the staff. We were told our luggage would take 3 hours to get to the cabin but.... they all arrived in less than an hour!!!!!

Got to the cabin and marveled at the luxury and beauty of the stateroom. Met our steward, Sebastian who was so wonderful. One day, I left him a note on my pillows to see if he would replace the ones originally there and when I returned, I had new pillows which were so much better for my neck. He took fabulous care of us for the entire trip. The bathroom was amazing- the shower was so big for a cruise ship and the water pressure was fabulous. Toiletries were of the highest quality.

Each and every staff member we encountered each day greeted us warmly and were so gracious and friendly. Made great friends with one of the wait staff supervisor in the World Cafe who always went out of his way to greet us and give us hugs!!!! Everyone still wore masks to protect their guests which I appreciated since we wore masks as well to keep one of my sisters safe. Anything we asked for from any staff member we got and always with a smile and the words, "My pleasure"

Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

Wonderful, comfortable, spacious, clean and loved having a balcony- got to see some spectacular sunsets!!!!!

1 Helpful Vote