Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review

1,326 reviews

A Beautiful Classic Ship

Review for the Baltic Sea Cruise on Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
pjmiiim
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2022

My wife and I have been on cruises with all the major lines. This cruise was magical. First --hats off to Cunard for even adding this itinerary--chasing the Northern Lights in Norway was a gamble. It was spectacular --and we had two ports cancelled as a result of storms. This ship is not a "rust bucket"--it is a beautiful and understated ship with great common areas; great staff; the best entertainment I have ever experienced anywhere; lectures from the best I have ever heard; work shops with the Royal Shakespeare Company; the Queens Room ball room dancing--and I don't dance. I will confess I picked the itinerary--not the ship. My image of Cunard was not unlike some of the negative reviews. It is impossible to overstate how wrong we{they} were . Queen Mary 2 is a treasure as are all the people who made our trip something we will never forget!!

We were on deck 4 midship. This cabin felt spacious and is well laid out. The amount of storage was surprising. The small closet needed some hangars so it could be utilized. Loved the size of the bathroom, shower and again the storage was greatly appreciated. I brought magnet hooks and used those to hang our hats and gloves etc. Really handy! Oh yes...the placement of the hair dryer was brilliant. I also loved the drawers...especially the one above the fridge...it was perfect for ship literature. One suggestion... the bottle of champagne isn't really our thing...but we would have loved several bottles of water.

Port Reviews

Bergen

I loved this itinerary

11 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise from $399

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.