• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Holland America Rotterdam Review

Editor Rating

Beautiful 150th Anniversary Transatlantic Cruise on Rotterdam.

Review for Holland America Rotterdam to Transatlantic
GoodTimeCruiser2005
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin:

We had the most beautiful sail away from Rotterdam Netherlands. Absolutely fantastic and one of my top ones! We had a beautiful balcony cabin on Navigation deck for the views. The ship is absolutely beautiful and the right size for us. We really enjoyed the food in MDR. Cocktails in most bars were again top notch except for Oceanview Bar which were many times hit or miss. We went to Pinnacle Grill for Tasting Menu Dinner with wine paring and it was top. Grand Dutch Café was excellent thanks to the wonderful employees working there. The shows were quite good and I really enjoyed in the morning the gentleman giving lectures on Holland America Lines and transatlantic sailings from pass era. The professor in the afternoon was very informative and interesting. The gym facilities were also top. BB Kings were fantastic and the music walk very good. The gentleman hosting the trevia was very nice. Actually all the crew from servers in MDR to Tamarine and Pinnacle all NUMBER ONE. Grand Dutch Café staff all Excellent.

There is one place though that I was not impressed and that is Rudy Sel de Mer. The maitre d and the assistant at the door lied to me because at the beginning of our cruise I went to see them to know when Rudy would be there in the Restaurant and they told me that he wasn't going to be of the voyage. I knew that he was going to be there. I asked them to give me a call or take my name for a reservation. The answer I got was No and for me to come every night to check if they could accommodate me. Well to my disappointment he was there in New-York City and I couldn't meet him. This is for me why you are rated 4 discs instead of five.

Cabin steward and assistant were also super excellent for the up keep of our cabin. Officers staff very good also.

Cabin was beautiful and everything was well appointed. Cabin steward and assistant fantastic and kept it very clean.

4 Helpful Votes