• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Norwegian Pearl Review

Editor Rating

Things are trending the wrong way on NCL (and check your onboard account often)

Review for Norwegian Pearl to Bermuda
condoman13
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2022
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony
Traveled with children

I usually read others posting and think the criticism is a bit much, but I could not help but report many issues that occurred while on our latest cruise to Bermuda from Boston. This cruise took place from November 4th to November 11th. Let me preface my following comments with the fact that my wife and I are dedicated cruisers with NCL having achieved Platinum Status and are Stock Shareholders in the company as well. Only had great things to say about all of our previous cruises, this I hope is just an outlier.

What we experienced was by far and away more problematic than any issues we have had on previous cruises and really put a damper on the overall cruise. Our issues are really only with management and guest services to be more precise. The wait staff and bartenders were all excellent in the performance of their duties and are possibly the only reason we may continue sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line.

Upon arrival, embarkation was smooth from the terminal and we made our way to the Summer Palace main dining room for lunch. I presented my card to the main check in at the restaurant and we were quickly seated. My wife and I ordered drinks since we had the package that included them. The waiter did remind us that drinks while in port would be taxed, and we acknowledged that we were aware of that. After checking our onboard account the next day, it showed that we were not only charged the taxes on these drinks, but charged for the drinks themselves.

Mid-Ship Balcony

Balcony is nice to have, especially to view the sunrise and sunsets. Never done an inside room, and not sure I would be happy with one. Bathrooms are small but manageable, with that said access to toilet is very cramped for anyone over 6 foot tall.

Port Reviews

King's Wharf

Weather was not good. Rain and wind were the conditions for all 3 days we were at the location. On day 1, one of our excursions was cancelled, so we walked around the dockyard. People are very friendly and most stores were open. My wife and oldest son did the Bermuda Museum on day 2, and both of my boys went to it on day 3 when my wife and I did a excursion tour of homes from the water.

5 Helpful Votes