• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Anthem of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
2 Awards

Underwhelmed and overwhelmed at the same time

Review for Anthem of the Seas to the Bahamas
leapol
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin: Ocean View Balcony

I didn't hate it, but I didn't come back feeling relaxed or that I had a fun time. I honestly felt stressed a lot while on the ship. Maybe The Anthem just wasn't the ship for me. It was too big, too many people and poorly laid out IMO. I haven't been on a cruise in a long time and they were mostly on smaller Celebrity ships. Around 2000 or so people. It's probably an unfair comparison. I'm planning on going on The Vision of the Seas next October. Maybe that will be more my style.

I went to the Windjammer twice and that was enough. The food was meh. Not worth the struggle with crowds and fighting for a table. Honestly, I've never had so many people cut in front of me in my whole entire life. Maybe the pandemic made people think they don't need manners anymore. The food in the main dining room was seriously hit or miss. Some of the sauces were so salty I couldn't even eat them. Then the next night, everything was fantastic. The desserts were the same. Some great, others were worse than sara lee or entenmann's I have no idea what the problem was. I will say that the waitstaff was very good and the dining room manager made sure to stop by every night. Breakfast and lunch in the dining room were pretty good. No complaints at all. The winner for me was Sorrento's pizza. Always fresh and crispy slices. Drinks were good, but it seemed some bartenders made a better drink than others. Never once though did I have a frozen or specialty drink that made me wonder if they actually put booze in it. I'm glad I opted for the drinks package because I had several specialty coffees per day and those were always great.

I didn't really take part in any activities so I can't comment on quality.

Ocean View Balcony

Cabin size was really good. So were the bathroom and balcony. I felt there was plenty of closet and drawer space. My steward was great. he kept my room in tip-top shape. The mattress was way too hard, and the pillows were too high. I have back issues and it was difficult to get comfortable.

Port Reviews

Perfect Day at CocoCay

It's a gorgeous island that had something for everyone, They've done an amazing job with it. They have shuttles that take you all around the island if you don't want to walk and that was really helpful. We just went to South Beach because it was the quietest section and we just wanted to lounge and swim. It was perfect for that. Bonus for the chickens running around. They made my day.

3 Helpful Votes