Carnival Splendor Review

3 day cruise from Sydney.

Review for the South Pacific Cruise on Carnival Splendor
Lord muk
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin: Ocean View

I was lucky, no charge to me as I filled in for absent guest.

Dining was My Time for evening meals in the Black Pearl restaurant forward deck 3 & Golden Pearl for breakfast rear of deck 3. Breakfast I always enjoy, same order every day, evening meal pretty ordinary but plenty of it, probably about bistro club standard, no silver service here. The dinner meals must have been a bit slow being delivered to the table, some a bit too dried out. Service was v good, staff very attentive, & perform a song or two towards end of meal, with a big sing a long on last night, it was very moving to hear the staff sing I Still call Australia Home, very emotional especially for these guys who were unemployed for a long uncertain 2-3 years. I still tear up thinking of this moment.

Embarkation was a breeze, we boarded around 11.30, straight on to the ship.

Ocean View

Cabin 1407, very tidy cabin, deck 1 with window porthole toward rear, starboard side of ship. Cabin Steward Guardiosso was very good, they all work so hard to get rooms ready by 1.30 pm.

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Splendor Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.