• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony

I read the reviews about staffing and alcohol availability and we went on this cruise with the attitude we will see for myself. Afterall it was only 4 or 5 negative reviews total. My husband and I have cruised 8 times on a variety of cruise lines. I will tell you we left this cruise with a positive experience. Were they staffed in full? no; but Norwegian explained this with a letter. Did we suffer for it?... OK I didn't get my sheets changed every day ( but would upon request) and no towel animal on my pillow at night but my bed was made tidy, with new towels provide and trash emptied every day. We felt well taken care of without omplaints. I met and greeted my room steward every day passing in the hallway, he always said Hi while busy hustling and cleaning the rooms. He worked hard and it showed.

The food was VERY good! We ate at the buffet most nights as it was just easier and we were never dissappointed. I thought the dishes were cleaned up fast, contradicting anothers view. Perhaps I ate at off times? Please Note that the specialty dining reservations included with the package deal fill fast. We did not attempt to make reservations until the am of day 2 and if it wasnt for 2/3r'ds of the ship attending the Luau excurions we would not have got a reservation. Lucky for us we did and we ate at the Teppanyaki- Hibatchi grill and it was fantastic. Mario and his grill partner were very entertaining! The Sky line is always open for sit down service. We ate there twice and the food we had was excellent. Kudos to the chefs! I did not feel the time spent for dinner was excessive but do plan on spending more time for dinner being served to you than you would at the buffett. The staff hustled, were pleasant, and did well by us. We had no complaints.

We had drinks every day and never encountered problems with getting access to a bar or attention of the staff. The bar times were listed in the daily brochure ( ie newsletter). All the bars ( 8 of them) were open by 2 pm every day. The first one opening at 0800 - this would be the poolside bar. Another at 1100 and another at 1200. The drinks were not watered down. You will have to pay a tax while in port- a law- not Norwegians fault -to equal approx. .15 to 25 cents a drink depending on the "expected" cost of the drink- which is not billed to you with the all inclusive drink package. We were not bothered by the gratuity added to the drinks because the bartenders worked hard, were extremely pleasant and we were happy the $10.00 beer, the $15 drink or the $100 a day drink package typical on a cruise ship -was, for us ...free!

Mid-Ship Balcony