• Newsletter

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin:
interior suite living room
virtual balcony live view
Vibe beach club Deck 19 starboard side.

We have been waiting to sail again now that the travel restrictions have been lifted. We sailed with our parents and friends to Bermuda for our first time on the Joy. After we departed on a cloudy day we had wonderful weather for the rest of the trip. We found the ship to be very updated and clean considering it sails out of NYC, and a fair mix of passengers. The NCL brand is Free Style Cruising, now I will say I am a Gold member, have been sailing for 10 years with NCL, but what I have noticed is the class of people and cast of characters never ceases to amaze me. Now I am not one to bash, but the old Titanic days were you sailed by class may not be a bad idea to bring back. Seriously at times I felt like I was at Six Flags waiting in lines and stinky, no class people, its ok they cant read these reviews anyway. We upgraded to a suite and I will do a review on that process before the cruise. Anyway the Vibe was well worth the money for a private sauna and bar as well as lounge chair area, lots of fun and to be know by drink and name is a good thing. Even a few people slipped into this area should have stayed below, but overall a great vibe time and Jeff, Chris and crew were great all week.

Food was great all week long as well as most service, even though we could never book a place on the app, but we would show up and they always were able to accommodate, perhaps this should be the way, first come first serve like everything else is. Oh and the buffet cleans house at 1030 sharp wasting a lot of food, instead of staying open til 11am, strange.

Ok ok we saved Ocean Blew, up charge and all for the last night wore the proper attire and went out for our grand evening. we were seated at a tiny table, in an empty place so we asked and were moved to a proper sized table for 6, although the waiter couldn't reach across the table, all night. We ordered off of the strange menu up charges and all even with the food plan upgrades for every night. SO we order and some delicious appetizers come out, pretty good salads and soups, weird bread. Then the oars came off the boat, the extended wait for our meals began. Even the waiter stopped at the table and said our food should be coming soon, now 90 minutes into dinner and our food was delivered by a group of servers. Don't touch the plates, very hot, or the side dishes placed everywhere. 1 steak out of 3 was cooked to order as the other 2 were cold and over cooked. The sides all in hot bowls were cold, the lobster was even nearing a cold icky taste, crab cakes placed atop a tartar sauce, what a total disappointment. when he finally asked how everything was we were so hungry we did eat it but they offered to bring all new food but at almost 2 hours we were done. we had better steaks twice at La Cucina ( our favorite) and were disappointing as all 6 of said never again at this place. After an awkward talk with the manager she said our bills would be adjusted. no up charges on anything, just tips were left. I felt bad for all the people who were arriving at 9pm for their disappointing event as well.

Inside family suite with a virtual balcony, 2 bathrooms, 2 showers, 3 rooms, 3 tvs, tables and dining area very huge, we loved it ,

6 Helpful Votes