• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin: Interior

The evening I got home from my cruise I tested positive for Covid. As I have been four-times vaccinated, I am confident my symptoms will not last more than a few days. But I do have to question why Princess no longer positions a crew member at the buffet entrance checking the use of hand-sanitization (like it used to do in norovirus days and on all my previous cruises with the cruise line).

As a result, about 70% of guests on this cruise didn't bother to clean their hands (I guess, it's their version of learning to live with Covid). The lack of any Covid cautions/restrictions might explain my infection and the cacophony of coughing at the embarkation departure lounge. And also why all crew members suddenly donned face masks on the final few days of the 15-day Hawaii trip. I would guess I was one of hundreds who developed Covid symptoms, but we'll probably never know.

Overall, the cruise was very enjoyable. Mostly made wonderful by the incredible upbeat and hardworking crew. Princess's strongest asset has always been its people and the warmth and hospitality they offer ensures we still can escape completely.

Interior