• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 2A

First and foremost our room steward was exceptional. The room was always perfect. I strongly recommend him for employee of the month. Our waiter and assistant waiter, were great. In the dining room the waiters and assistants were all working extremely hard, and providing the best they could. My concern is that the number of tables they had to tend to, caused them at times to be overwhelmed. I’m not too impressed with management in that area. Whether it’s at the corporate level, or ship level, I don’t know. But I think more waiters would be in order. Just my two cents. At the bars. I had great service under limited circumstances. Especially by Juna, in the Passport bar on deck three. All of the guys there were really good, personable and professional. Juna is my brother from another mother.

Entertainment. Cruise director Mike did an outstanding job. He displayed great judgment and managerial skill in arranging our shows and activities to fit the weather and sea conditions. The two comedians at the beginning of the cruise were great. I just can’t remember their names, since I didn’t write them down. Jayne Curry was mesmerizing! What great shows she put on. We also really enjoyed the Fly Boys, and Leslie McDonel. Great talent and personalities. Production shows were all very good. Only one minor issue.. For some reason the girl singers all feel like they have to hit the “big” notes with Katy Perry or Celine Dion power. They scream the notes. It’s sometimes painful.

Beyond the Podium: Larry Ness was terrific. I didn’t miss a lecture. Steve Mattis was a guest. Those of us on cruise critic met him through our pre cruise web board. He volunteered to give us lectures on Titanic, but met with Mike and Kyle to present them to everyone. His lectures were exceptional, even if they were about a sinking ship. I highly recommend that he be hired to do them more often. Steve Parry, gave very informative and interesting talks.

Deluxe Veranda 2A

Very clean, well appointed and maintained.

3 Helpful Votes