• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin: Studio Stateroom
Traveled with children
We had fun hiding and hunting ducks!

Our trip from Illinois got off to a great start with good weather and a smooth airplane trip. I traveled with my daughter, her husband and four year old daughter. I purchased the Go Port hotel/shuttle package and everything went smooth. The hotel was the airport-area La Quinta and it was nice. Upon arrival at Port Canaveral, we found our way to check-in and I was so grateful that all the Covid tests and rules were over. I was not thrilled when they confiscated my extension cord, that I use for a small plastic fan at night, and later tried to get it back but all they would give me was a power strip. I stayed in a solo studio and the outlet was near the bed so I didn’t need my cord after all. I was able to retrieve it at the very end as we left the port building. I really loved my solo studio and the solo meetups. Our host Kareem did a great job. Although small, the studio room was quiet and I loved the treats and cold ice water in the private solo lounge. My room steward, Poku, was adorable. As always on an NCL ship the food, entertainment, staff, drinks and ports were great. Our cruise took us to Great Stirrup Cay, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico and Amber Cove in the Dominican Rep. My favorite excursion was Ocean World at Amber Cove. Also, Magen’s Beach in St. Thomas was wonderful. My granddaughter loved the shows and we had fun hiding and hunting for little ducks. It rained on Mr. Sexy Legs day and it was cancelled. I was hoping they would have it on another sea day and I was so disappointed when they didn’t. Overall, we had a fun cruise and then did a couple of days at the very expensive and crowded Disney World. The airport was packed with flyers and seemed short-staffed when I left on a Tuesday morning. Allow yourself 2-3 hours before your flight home. Thank you NCL for another memorable cruise!❤️

Studio Stateroom

My solo studio was fine. It’s pretty small but the bed is big enough and there is plenty of storage and hooks. Good shower and bathroom facilities.

5 Helpful Votes