• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Iona Review

Editor Rating

Could be a great ship with improvements

Review for Iona to the Baltic Sea
QwertyGuest
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin:

We went on a Northern Europe cruise for 7 nights; this is by far the biggest P&O ship and as it was half term a busy sailing. I travel on both big and small ships, and like both for different reasons. For the size of the ship, I expected more activates like the larger Royal Carribean ships however I did not use most of the facilities or activities on board as they simply did not appeal to me. Many were targeted to children like Sooty and Sweep or Lantern Making which don't appeal to us, but the children seemed to enjoy them.

The worst part of the trip by far was the "App" you needed to use. Firstly, it's not an App but an internal webpage you can only access on ship. It's buggy and does not always work and because you can't use it of the ship you have to remember everything you book when you leave the ship.

Most things need to be booked on the App including dining and a large number of shows. As I have read past reviews, I knew to book the 6pm dining and shows the first day I was there. If you don't then it's freedom dining with a virtual que and waiting to see if there are no shows for the entertainment. It was possible to pre-book breakfast, lunch and dinner but the options were very limited only 5 or 6pm for dinner and early slots like 7am for Breakfast.

7 Helpful Votes