• Newsletter

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

I chose this cruise with a friend because it fits into my end-of-year "burn vacation" strategy. NYC is easy to get to without flying.

The Joy was better than expected. I've previously been on the Escape and Breakaway. I had no complaints about the Joy. The food was very good, the bar staff was top-notch, and the entertainers were all excellent in their trade. I recommend visiting Lorvina and Jamie in Maltings Whiskey bar or Rodney in the Sugarcane Mojito bar.

I found the ship very clean. There were plenty of activities to keep guests busy, but also plenty of out-of-the-way spots for some peace and quiet.

Balcony Stateroom

I liked my standard balcony cabin. It was on Deck 9 right above the Waterfront. Being close to the nightlife action of 6,7,8 was more important to me than being close to the Buffet or Pool Deck.

Port Reviews

King's Wharf

I've been to this port two times before, so I skipped the tour of the fort this time. A tour of the fort is something that should be experienced at least once.

The port provides plenty of excursion possibilities as well as a taxi stand and marina for the Bermuda Ferries. Busses all come here as well. You can also rent scooters or tiny cars to explore the island.

The port is very clean and provides a beautiful location whether on the fort side or bay side of the ship.

6 Helpful Votes