Norwegian Star Review

I must be easily pleased!!

Review for the British Isles & Western Europe Cruise on Norwegian Star
lee8553
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin: Obstructed Oceanview

OK well, looking at a few recent reviews, I've come to the conclusion I must be easily pleased!

I've no major complaints about this cruise, all the staff I interacted with were very pleasant, helpful and hardworking, everything seemed spick & span. My cabin (a partially blocked outside on deck 8) wasn't massive, but was perfectly adequate, it's not like I spend a great deal of awake time there, my cabin steward, who's name I can't recall (I am very bad with names) was often about when I left the cabin & would address me by name.

As it was just down the corridor, I often used the Irish bar for breakfast, also had a couple of lunches & a dinner there &, apart from the bacon, all was good. I had a 3 speciality restaurant package as part of my deal, enjoyed the food in all 3, but also in the included restaurants. I probably drank in most of the bars at some point, Cagney's had a particularly buzzy atmosphere.

Obstructed Oceanview

Reasonable size (especially as I was travelling solo), kept immaculate by the cabin steward, plenty of storage space and countertops even for someone as untidy as me. The bathroom was well laid out, separated by sliding doors into 3 distinct sections, quite small, but sufficient. My only quibble with the room was layout, it had a drop-down bed on 1 side (so can hold up to 3 if necessary) & a table on the other, what with the 2 single beds being made centrally into a king (US queen, I believe), you could only get down the side with the extra bed & that was quite narrow (I couldn't stand upright whilst doing so). It seemed to me it would have been more sensible, if not so aesthetically pleasing, to have pushed the bed against a wall thereby giving more access.

Port Reviews

Porto (Leixoes)

Took the cruise arranged HoHo bus tour. I wanted to visit a particular port house on the Gaia side of the river for a tasting, so exited the tour there. I did finally find it, but what should have been a 12 minute walk from the stop turned into more like 30-40, but sometimes getting a little lost can be more interesting. After sampling 4 ports, & buying some, I began to think of getting back, but the idea of going up some, what appear to be almost vertical, hills did not appeal, luckily there is a ferry which runs between the 2 banks & drops you off in the Ribeira area, where I stopped for a quick snack before returning to the ship.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Star Cruise from $450

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.