• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Regal Princess Review

Editor Rating
18 Awards

Great itinerary, ship and crew

Review for Regal Princess to the Eastern Mediterranean
40luv
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin: Balcony

We chose this cruise for the itinerary. We liked the diverse ports. None really disappointed. Dubrovnik was a last minute substitution for Valletta. We really liked Croatia! Some ports I would like to return for a longer time, like Dubrovnik and Kotor. We were blessed with great weather. We did purchase the sanctuary for an at sea day. We liked the peaceful atmosphere and shade. It is an additional cost. I do not think the ship was at full capacity as nothing felt crowded. The ship is overall well maintained. A few minor annoyances: of the 2 washers on my 1/2 of the floor (15) , 1 was out of service. I also had to go to another floor to purchase washer tokens as the token machine also was not working but that was eventually fixed. We mainly ate in the MDR. Good food and even better service. Thank you dining staff and Patrick the maitre d. We did eat one night in Chops. I was a little disappointed. Some menu items were not as described. And my filet was over done. The meal was complimentary- so we really didn’t complain. Our deluxe balcony stateroom was fine. Enough room and storage. Randy, our steward took very good care of us. Entertainment: they were 2 excellent production shows, a terrible comedian and an even worse hypnotist. Honestly, the chef’s presentation was funnier than the comedian. And the hypnotist put me to sleep even though I wasn’t part of his show. Loved how the lines have reworked the safety briefings. You watch it on your own than check in at your muster station. So much more efficient. Our medallions worked fine. FYI, 2 people who purchased the wrist band medallion option, had their medallion pop out. Check the days museums are closed. We were in Florence (Livorno) on a Monday when museums are closed so maybe pick another tour option.

Balcony

Deluxe balcony cabin on deck 15. Well laid out. Enough storage. Balcony is small.

Port Reviews

Barcelona

We arrived a couple of days early. We did an excursion called Barcelona by land, sea and air. Electric bikes, cable car then cruise of the harbor. We also did La Familia Sagrada. Book an afternoon tour. At 3pm the light streaming through the stained glass is breathtaking. We booked these tours on our own.

Corfu

Lovely port. We paid 10 euros for the boat tour of the sea caves. We booked this tour on our own.

Florence (Livorno)

We booked a Pisa and Florence tour on our own. Pisa was jammed with visitors. We arrived early - so that was good. If you want to go into and up the tower, get your tickets ASAP. We just happened to be in the baptistery when they unexpectedly closed the doors and a staff person sang the most beautiful aria!

Florence: my bad. We were there on a Monday when museums are closed. A beautiful city but would have liked to visit the Uffizi Gallery.

Kotor

We visited Kotor, Preast and Budva on our full day tour. Booked on our own. There were just 4 of us plus the guide. A stunningly beautiful country. We had a wonderful guide who share so much history! I’d love to return there.

Malta (Valletta)

Dubrovnik, Croatia replaced Malta. Another lovely city. See if you can find “the hole in the wall” bar. It’s like a speakeasy- so good luck. You are literally on a cliff sipping a beer overlooking the Mediterranean.

Marseille

We booked Marseille and Cassis on our own. Again just 4 of us and a guide. Take the boat ride in the fjords in Cassis.

Naples

We booked The Amalfi coast and Pompeii on our own. There were 16 of us plus the guide. The drive along the Amalfi coast is spectacular. We stopped in a small town for shopping, limoncello tasting, chocolate tasting and cookies. I believe the store was called Ninos.

Pompeii is full of continuing excavations. It is immense. Our guide gave us a good abbreviated tour. There is little to no shade and requires a lot of walking.

Taormina (Messina)

Taormina was lovely. It’s easy to see Mt. Etna in the distance.

3 Helpful Votes